Maserati SUV Overview
Ever since the very first model was assembled, Maserati has remained a coveted brand of luxury vehicles known for their thrilling performance capabilities and inspiring Italian craftsmanship. Taking cues from iconic sports cars of the past and meticulously tested by talented engineers in Turin, the world’s first Maserati SUV was required to exceed already high expectations. When creating an SUV worthy of wearing the Maserati Trident, the Levante underwent tireless testing and countless hours of painstaking development to perfect its design. Next, the agile Grecale rose to the challenge and defied conventional thinking of what an SUV was capable of. Searching for more info about the Maserati SUV lineup? Maserati of Akron has created this in-depth overview to provide you with a look back at the history of the Levante and Grecale.
History of the Maserati SUV
Curious about the meaning of the names “Levante” and “Grecale”? The name of the first Maserati SUV comes from the Mediterranean wind that can shift from calm to fierce in an instant. With members from the automotive press looking on with great anticipation, the curtains opened up to unveil the first Maserati SUV at the Geneva Auto Show back in 2016. Another interesting bit of trivia is much of the inspiration for the Levante can be traced back to the 2011 Maserati Kubang concept model. In a much similar fashion, the name Grecale is based on the untamed northeast wind of the Mediterranean Sea.
Although other luxury brands had launched their versions of performance SUVs, engineers worked around the clock to ensure that all the quintessential traits of Maserati were infused into the Levante and Grecale. Certainly playing a role in its popularity with driving enthusiasts, the Maserati Levante and Grecale has stayed true to the signature aspects of the brand while simultaneously providing a new segment within the Maserati lineup. In fact, the Levante Trofeo is now one of the fastest production SUVs currently available on the market thanks to its jaw-dropping 580 horsepower and 187 MPH top speed. Not far behind is the Grecale Trofeo, boasting 523 horsepower and a top speed of 177 MPH.
Maserati Grecale Trim Levels
- Starting at $63,500 MSRP*
- 2.0L L4 mild-hybrid producing 296 HP
- Acceleration (0-60 MPH) – 5.3 seconds
- Max Speed – 149 MPH
- 19-inch Gloss Dark Thetis Wheels with All Season Tires
The entry point to the Grecale lineup is the Grecale GT, powered by a potent 2.0-liter mild-hybrid 4-cylinder engine that boasts 296 horsepower. More compact and more agile than its larger Levante sibling, the Grecale ushers in a new era of SUV performance. Surprisingly spacious on the inside, you’ll find best-in-class interior dimensions that make the Grecale an excellent choice for drivers with a large social circle. Signature Italian styling helps you make a memorable first impression while your passengers remain impressed by the immersive in-car infotainment system.
- Starting at $72,900 MSRP*
- 2.0L L4 mild-hybrid producing 325 HP
- Acceleration (0-60 MPH) – 5.0 seconds
- Max Speed – 149 MPH
- 20-inch Machine Polished Forged Etere Staggered Wheels with All Season Tires
Up next, the Grecale Modena ups the ante in terms of performance with a 325-horsepower variant of the standard 2.0-liter mild-hybrid engine. This allows the Modena to reach 60 MPH from a standstill in a blistering 5 seconds. Standard 20-inch alloy wheels give this premium SUV a commanding stance on the road. Expressive exterior colors and premium Italian leather upholstery reflect the passion infused into the entire Grecale model range. The revolutionary Maserati Intelligent Assistant (MIA) is your centralized hub for all key multimedia functions, accessible via smart gestures to keep your eyes safely on the road ahead.
- Starting at $102,500 MSRP*
- High-performance Twin-Turbo 3.0L V6 producing 523 HP
- Acceleration (0-60 MPH) – 3.6 seconds
- Max Speed – 177 MPH
- 21-inch Matte Crio Staggered Wheels with Summer Tires
Ready to experience track-tested performance combined with razor-sharp handling characteristics. The Grecale Trofeo is engineered for true driving enthusiasts with its high-performance twin-turbo V6 engine that cranks out a muscular 523 horsepower. The snarling exhaust note emanates from twin exhaust outlets, providing an evocative soundtrack for both the driver and bystanders to enjoy. Its race-inspired cockpit features suede accents and thickly bolstered seats to keep you held comfortably yet firmly in place during high-speed maneuvers.
Maserati Levante Trim Levels
- Starting at $84,700 MSRP*
- 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine with 345 horsepower and 369 lb-ft torque
- ZF 8-speed automatic transmission with Q4 intelligent AWD
- Leather interior upholstery with heated front seats
- Power-assisted steering with Speed Sensitive Feature
- Power liftgate with keyless opening and available remote start
The very first trim level in the Maserati SUV family is the Levante GT. You’ll find yourself immersed in passionate Italian performance with its standard 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine producing 345 horsepower and 369 lb-ft torque. Its responsive ZF 8-speed automatic transmission provides nearly instantaneous gear changes while the Q4 intelligent AWD system adds even more confidence across both dry and wet road surfaces. Authentic Italian leather upholstery and a power liftgate are only two examples of premium components of the interior that will help you enjoy every stretch of your daily drive.
- Starting at $95,100 MSRP*
- 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine with 424 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque
- Upgraded full leather upholstery
- Panoramic sunroof with gloss silver roof rails
- Remote start via key fob
- Hill Descent Control
Searching for even more athletic performance from your Maserati SUV? Upgrade to the inspiring Levante Modena, equipped with a more powerful version of the 3.0L twin-turbocharged V6 engine. Thanks to clever engineering, Levante Modena models benefit from an impressive 424 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque. Other enhancements to the cabin include upgraded full leather upholstery and a panoramic sunroof. A remote start system helps you pre-heat or pre-cool the interior of your Levante based on the exterior temperature.
Levante Modena S
- Starting at $122,100 MSRP*
- 3.0L twin-turbocharged V8 engine with 550 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque
- 20-inch dark gray staggered Efesto wheels with gloss red-painted brake calipers
- Metallic exterior paint and chrome trident with blue accents
- Sport seats and Inox sport pedals
- 14-speaker, 900-watt Harman Kardon premium audio system
Podium-winning performance meets bespoke Italian craftsmanship inside the Maserati Levante Modena S. Under the hood of Modena S variants lies a thrilling 3.8-liter twin-turbo V8 built by Ferrari, producing an impressive 550 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque. Achieving a balance between comfort and support, standard sport seats help hold you in place during high-speed cornering. In addition, its 900-watt Harman Kardon premium audio system allows you to hear your favorite tracks the way the artists intended them to be heard.
- Staring at $160,900 MSRP*
- 3.8L twin-turbocharged V8 engine with 580 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque
- Pieno Fiore Natural Leather Upholstery
- High Gloss Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- 21-inch Machine Polished Staggered Anteo Wheels
- Gloss Red Painted Brake Calipers with White Maserati Script
With much credit to an astounding power-to-weight ratio of 8.7 lbs/hp, the Levante Trofeo is able to punch far above its weight. Giving you the ultimate Maserati SUV experience, the Levante Trofeo offers a jaw-dropping 580 horsepower and 538 lb-ft of torque along with race-inspired design features found both inside and out. The end result of meticulous engineering, the Maserati Levante Trofeo continues to set the benchmark for all luxury performance SUVs.