More and more drivers are making the switch from sedans and minivans to the crossover and SUV segment. A variety of reasons are responsible for the shift in buyer preferences. These SUVs feature bold styling, rugged performance capabilities, a confident driving position, and plenty of space for both passengers and cargo. When you take a closer look at the Honda vehicle lineup you’ll find four distinctive SUV options. From the city-sized HR-V and versatile CR-V to the adventurous Passport and family-friendly Pilot — there’s a Honda SUV that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle.
In an effort to help you make the right decision that fits both your budget and driving needs, our team at Germain Honda of Beavercreek has assembled this in-depth guide that compares all four Honda SUV models side-by-side.
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2023 C40 Recharge
2023 XC40 Recharge
|Seating:||5 Adults||5 Adults|
|Power||402 HP||402 HP|
|Electric Range||226 miles||223 miles|
|0-60 Acceleration||4.5 seconds||4.7 seconds|
2023 Honda HR-V
Starting at $25,095 MSRP* | Up to 26 city / 32 highway / 28 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $25,095 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) and Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
- Available Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System™
- Optional heated leather-trimmed front seats
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen or available 9-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
In addition to its compact platform, the Honda HR-V features dynamic styling and a big attitude to match your personality. Great for exploring urban environments, the HR-V is powered by a responsive yet fuel-efficient 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. Available all-wheel drive allows you to travel confidently across the entire spectrum of road conditions. Adapt the interior of your HR-V to suit your needs with a standard 60/40 split second row Magic Seat®. Standard Honda Sensing® gives drivers a collection of cutting-edge driver-assistive safety innovations which act as an extra set of eyes to keep you safe. Bluetooth® streaming audio lets you keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and total control over an array of tech features. Advanced tech features like standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration help to keep you informed and alert behind the wheel of the Honda HR-V.
2023 Honda CR-V
Starting at $32,905 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $32,905 MSRP*
- Standard 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 190 horsepower / 179 lb-ft of torque and continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- 7-inch touchscreen audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- Standard one-touch power sliding moonroof
- Available 12-speaker Bose premium audio system with Bose Centerpoint technology and SurroundStage digital signal processing
No matter if it’s a night on the town or an exciting weekend road trip, the Honda CR-V is able to transform and drive into a memorable adventure. Eye-catching styling, distinctive headlights, and unique alloy wheel designs help you stand out in a sea of mundane crossovers with your CR-V. Inside its ergonomic interior, you’ll find premium soft-touch materials in addition to innovative technologies such as a 7-inch touchscreen audio system for a truly luxurious feel. Every CR-V comes standard with a potent yet efficient 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. Its available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ allows you to venture where other SUVs fear to tread. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration lets you access your favorite apps and media no matter how far your travels take you. An easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it easy to carry larger or oddly-shaped cargo.
2023 Honda Pilot
Starting at $40,495 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 27 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
Perfectly suited for growing families, the versatile Honda Pilot features generous seating for up to 8 passengers. You’ll have enough power to carry the entire team across town for soccer practice thanks to a standard 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6. Upscale features available inside the cabin of the Pilot include leather-trimmed seating surfaces, a one-touch power moonroof, second-row captain’s chairs, and even a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ lets you find directions, send or receive text messages, and use your favorite apps through the Audio touchscreen inside the Pilot. Honda Sensing® gives you driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and greater confidence behind the wheel.
2023 Honda Passport
Starting at $42,445 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 24 highway / 21 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
The most adventurous member of the Honda SUV family, the bold off-road ready Passport slots between the compact CR-V and the family-sized Pilot. In addition to streamlined styling and functional design elements, the Passport’s interior has room for just about anything. An assortment of seating configurations, generous cargo capacity, and ingenious underfloor storage compartments make the Passport your perfect companion for adventure. No obstacle will stand between you and your destination thanks to a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive. An optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate lets you quickly grab your cargo with just the swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper. No matter if you’re on city streets or on a rural gravel road, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is never out of its element.
*MSRP includes $1,295.00 (HR-V and CR-V) or $1,345 (Pilot and Passport) destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.